Angel and I painted on plates "See you in October, love baby Diehl", and it had two little foot prints on it. The Bentleys came over on a Saturday to help Angel with our "taxes". We made them a disasterous breakfast of eggs, turkey bacon and waffles. Disasterous because we ruined the first batch of waffles by not having the heat up high enough and then burning the bacon. This was a problem because we have to have the waffles to cover the message on the plate! Well, we finally got a breakfast together, but another snag in the plan arose. Linda wasn't having any waffles! She brought her own yogurt-type thing, so our only hope was Russ. And after cleaning his first helping of waffles, going back for seconds and not noticing the message, Angel and I were getting worried. How he didn't notice red letters and baby feet in the middle of the plate, we'll never know. Luckily Linda noticed and got curious enough to walk over to Russ and check it out. This is when I started filming.
The Diehl's came over on Sunday. The plan with them was to eat a lunch Barb brought and then we were going to serve a desert of angel food cake and brownies. And again, it didn't go very smooth. For reasons we're still unsure of, the angel food cake never rose. This is a problem because this compacted cake isn't big enough to cover our plate message! Angel's solution to this was to smear frosting over the message and serve the cake on top of that. Angel and I both bet Tiffany would be the observant one to discover the message, but then I saw Barb notice the message and turn her plate to read it. I can't believe it, but I got both reaction recorded.


2 comments:
Angel & Jason: CONGRATULATIONS!!!
We are so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of this time in your lives. It goes by very fast. Our "babies" turned 43,41,37 this month & it seems impossible!
Enjoy all of it, the good times and the difficult ones. We loved being at your wedding & will enjoy following your blog over the next few months.
God Bless all of your family. Love, Jack & Joan Brickler
Those were just happy moments for your parents. Nice to see their reaction!
Post a Comment