Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Logan's First Cold :(

Well, after being around me for the past month with this cold/virus I can't seem to kick, Logan finally got sick. It started out slowly with just a little cough, and yesterday you could tell he was starting to feel worse, he was sleeping 2 hours at a time during naps in his crib. When he was awake he was still pretty happy, but would quickly get fussy when he was tired. He was only staying up around 1 hour between naps. Today was even worse, I feel so bad for him, his nose is all stuffed up and he is sneezing and coughing a lot. This morning I swear he spit up his entire bottle after coughing and burping. But he was fine, so guess it didn't bother him too much. I, on the other hand, had to go find Daddy so he could take Logan and change my outfit completely. He is still trying to be happy you can see, will be smiling and talking and then start coughing then crying. He is eating well though and sleeping well so the doctor says he is okay for now. She said if he gets wheezy, has a fever or isn't eating and/or sleeping well we should bring him in. So far, he doesn't have any of those symptoms. I put him to bed early tonight because he was so tired, so hopefully he sleeps well. I did learn while trying to make him smile today that he likes 80s songs! Those are the songs I know all the words too, so was singing him a little New Kids on The Block and Bobby Brown! He was enjoying it for awhile until he got too tired.

I have been trying to use the sucker thing for his nose to help with the boogies. Man, those things are not easy to use. I have I think 4 different ones and tried them all this weekend. He does not like it at all! But he gets over it quickly and if you can distract him it's not too bad. Finally found one that fits up his nose but he is good at evading. He seems it coming and starts moving! Think I got him good before putting him down though, wanted to make sure I got out all I could so he could breath. We also put a humidifier in his room which is supposed to help, so hopefully he can sleep well.

An update on the crib too, he is now in his crib for naps and bedtime! No more swing at all :) Besides today where he napped in my arms, because every time I put him down, he would go back to sleep for about 20/30 minutes then wake up. He was happy, chatting, but still awake. So I held him for this afternoon nap and he slept for 2 hours. But other than today (and maybe the next couple days) he has been great in his crib! It makes it easier on us too because you don't have to worry about waking him up, so we can watch tv, talk in normal voices, etc without worrying about him. He seems to like the crib, I moved him to his crib one night after putting him in the swing seat and he was kinda bucking. Just kept flopping around, so went ahead and tried putting him in the crib and he settled in quickly and went to sleep. So starting doing that every night. He loves to kick and ends up lower in the crib in the mornings and is just kicking the bars. I have to watch where I put the camera because one night by morning I could only see half his face because he had scooted down in the crib. That's the main reason we put him at the bottom because with the mattress elevated don't want him to start at the top and scoot all the way down :)

A few nights ago I also stopped giving him the "dreamfeed" at 10/11 when we go to bed. Dr. Kristen had told me he didn't need it anymore at his weight and to try to stop and see what happened. So one night this week, I was really tired and just wanted to go to bed. Logan was in his crib already and had been asleep for a few hours, plus he had eaten a lot that day, I think 3 - 8 oz bottles and one 6 oz, so things were looking good to try it out. So I got the bottle ready with water and measured out the formula and left it in his room in case he woke up hungry I would be ready. But he didn't wake up for it! So far, so good with this! It's been a couple nights and he has been sleeping from 7:30/8 pm until 8 am, with a few wake times where he needs his paci. On a good night, he wakes once, on a bad night, he wakes 4/5 times (or more). Hopefully as he gets older and sleeps better his wake times will decrease. Plus they say around 6 months he will be able to grab his own paci when he needs it.

Logan is still growing like a weed too, his 3 month pjs are starting to get tight :( It's crazy how fast they grow! I put a pair of 6 month pj's on him today because we need to do laundry since he is drooling so much he goes through many pj's a day. And they were only a little long! I need to dress him up more so he can get some use out of his other clothes. It's so easy to just wear pj's though! And as Jason says, footie pj's are awesome. I think Jason would have been really sad if Logan were born in the summer and couldn't wear footie pj's :)

Oops, there's logan now, he needs his paci I think. Hopefully he sleeps good tonight!

No comments: