Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Logan's First Day at daycare by himself!

Logan went to daycare a couple hours today all by himself! Jason took him in the morning, and realized that when he goes full time it is really going to change his morning routine. He waited until Logan woke up at 8, then got him up, gave him a bottle then set out to daycare. When he got there, Logan was very happy, was smiling at Shannon, the main lady there. So Jason felt comfortable to leave him. I got there around 12:30 and he was sitting in a bumbo chair on the floor with his new friends! It was so cute. There was a 4.5 month old girl that was sitting in a bumbo chair also and they were facing each other. Not really paying attention to each other though. Logan had a toy that had bells on it and was really entertained. Another boy, Ben, who is 8 months I think, and is my family doctor's son, was sitting up next to them. Ben really wanted Logan's toys. Shannon was very good and distracted him quickly with a new one. At one point Ben did scare Logan because he kept reaching out to him with toys and Logan reacted quickly. He was NOT happy! I picked him up and he calmed down quickly though. Then he noticed the jumpy/bouncy toy. Another 5 month old (who wears 18 month clothes, she is really tall) was in there having a blast. Logan hadn't tried it out yet, so they got Madison out and I put Logan in, he loved it! He didn't really get the bouncy part, but he got himself moving a little. He really liked it though. He started to get tired so we headed out and he fell asleep in about 2 minutes. He apparently slept for about 45 minutes at daycare in a bouncy seat. He has basically been tired all night and a little fussier than normal. He went down early because of this, so I think when he starts daycare full time he will be really tired when he gets home. He starts full time in 2 weeks so we'll see how it goes. I think he will do well there, the ladies all seem really nice and caring. Today there were only 4 babies there with 3 adults, so really good numbers! Apparently it is busier on Tuesdays and Wednesday's but I still don't think they have that many babies that come on a regular basis. Seems like mom's pay but don't always bring their kids.

So all in all a good day for Logan! Jason is staying home with him tomorrow so I'm a little jealous :) But I'll be home Friday with him! Logan has his 6 month doctor appointment Friday, so I'll let everyone know his new stats! Last we knew a few weeks ago, he was over 16 lbs, so we'll see!

No comments: