Haven't updated in awhile, so trying to catch up. Thanksgiving was good, we went home to my parents house to hang out with my brother and his family and finally met my very adorable new nephew Nick. Max and Logan got along really well, except for the occasional 2 and 3 year old "it's mine" fight! Logan didn't take well to Max getting closer to me, sitting in my lap, etc. Kept tell Max, "that's my mommy!". Also since Max calls me Angel, Logan started that too! I had to keep telling him I'm mommy to you :) Overall it was a great time and we had a lot of fun with the family. It was definitely a long ride with 2 dogs and a toddler who refused to sleep, but still fun! We now have a DVD player for the car that we are going to try and use for the Christmas trip, so hopefully he will fall asleep while watching. He was very cute in trying to keep himself awake, sang lots of songs, talked non stop and basically tried to do everything he could to not fall asleep and he did it!
Other than that, not much else going on, Logan is still going great, getting more and more vocal as the days go by. I can't believe how articulate he is these days. He has also learned to open doors, which kinda stinks! He likes to open them while you are going to the bathroom for instance, fine when you are home alone, not so great when you have friends over! He still hasn't been out in the snow yet, it is so cold here I think he'll freeze! He just got his new car boots that light up and he loves putting those on himself, he is all about doing things himself these days.
I gave Logan my cabbage patch doll awhile ago and he didn't really care about it, but he found it in the toybox the other day and now he loves it, has named it Elmo! Even though it has a pink outfit, tried to get him to name her Abby, but he refused. I went through all his preemie clothes and found a boy outfit for it and it fits great! He likes to carry him around in a baggie as he calls it (a reusable bag we have). It's very cute. Hoping this might help when the real baby comes. Course when he carries around his baby in the bag, his head is banging on the floor and he doesn't seem to notice! Hopefully he is more careful with his little brother!
We took Logan to see Santa at the Children's Museum last week and that didn't work out so well, we told him all day how we were going to see Santa and he would sit on his lap to tell him what he wanted. He kept telling us he wanted to see Santa and sit on his lap, so we waited in line and he still said he wanted too. Then we got up there and Jason tried to take him closer and he started getting upset, was turning away saying "No, santa!". So we skipped that! Maybe next year he won't think he is so scary!
We are starting to get Logan's new room together too, we just got new furniture for our room for Christmas, so we are moving our old dresser into Logan's new room and taking a crib from my mom. I am not sure how much longer Logan will be in a crib so didn't want to buy a new one. We still need to paint it and get it all ready, but we are getting started at least!
Other than that not much else going on, I went in for another ultrasound last Friday when I was almost 18 weeks because I had some pressure that was new and turns out my cervix was even longer! It was 3.5 at 16 weeks and 4.0 at 18! So that made me feel good, I have been decent about staying down, but I was still running an errand or 2 a day and was a little worried about that, but figured since I am not working that it evened out. Turns out I was right since my cervix was longer. I go back for my 20 week after Xmas and we are taking Logan because his school is closed that week so we'll see how he reacts to the ultrasound, to him it will just be watching a tv and will probably ask to watch Blues Clues!
Well hope everyone has a great Christmas, I can't wait to watch Logan open all his presents! Course this week I am going to try to move all his toys out and find somewhere to store them so he has room for all his new stuff!


No comments:
Post a Comment