Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby Awesome at 27 Weeks

Hi All,

So not much going on in the Diehl household right now, but wanted to write since it's been awhile. As most of you know, our basement has flooded twice in the last month or so and we are now getting closer to getting the repairs started. There is a check in the mail apparently for to replace our carpet and padding, so that's good! So now we are going to start looking for new carpet and find one we like. Hopefully we can get this all figured out in the next couple weeks as I am really missing our basement. Didn't realize how used to that theater screen I have gotten! Even though we have a big flat screen in the main floor, it's just not the same as watching movies and tv in the theater. Plus, I am watching way too much Halo 3, a game that Jason plays as much as he can, normally in the basement, but now he has to play in the family room. Which he is doing as I type....

Things with Baby Awesome seem to be going well, I am still not having many issues with the pregnancy that I can feel. But this not doing much per doctor's orders is a lot harder than I thought. So I am trying to get more used to going to work and coming home and relaxing, instead of running errands all over the place. We did go to St. Joe, MI this past week, were supposed to spend 3 nights there and came home after one. We took the dogs and it was traumatic for Pebbles to walk in the town. Apparently among many other things that she is scared of, we can now add small statues of boats. She HATED these and they were everywhere, guess it was the local art. The hotel room was also a little much for both dogs, they were on high alert all the time because of noises they would hear. Jason was worried that we would get in trouble because they would bark. I, being the optimist, wanted to stay so the second day we were there, we went to a state park that had a beach that allowed dogs. The main one in St Joe did not, so we went to this park. The beach was supposed to be a half mile from the parking lot. We figured not a big deal, nice stroll through the park, wasn't too hot out and it was in the shade. So we set out with the 2 dogs and arm loads of beach stuff. About 2 minutes into the walk I realized that Jason was being swarmed by bugs. We then realized they were mosquitoes. So I put a towel over my head and shoulders so I wouldn't get bit. We tried to continue on, but it started to be unbearable. We thought we had found the beach, lots of sand, seems like it, so Jason and the dogs hiked the small hill and found a beach, but it was still far, far away. So at this point, we gave up. Went back to the car, saw a family of people, warned them and headed back to the hotel. It was pretty early on Friday when we got to the hotel and we decided to go ahead and check out and head back home. So our long weekend vacation turned into one night! But we had a nice, relaxing weekend at home and I learned that next time we go somewhere, we will NOT be bringing the dogs. Too much stress for them and Jason...

So that was our exciting weekend, other than that, not much else going on.

For all you who are watching Baby Awesome's progress, here is what he is up to this week!
How your baby's growing:This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments: