Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Jason's first Father's Day

So today started out well, we slept in, had some breakfast, and watched a little tv. I gave Jason his Father's Day presents which was supposed to be hiring someone to mow the grass for the rest of the season, but that hasn't worked out because I can't get anyone to call me back or get me estimates. So besides that, I got him a wireless headset for his Xbox and an outfit for Baby Awesome that says "Daddy's little wingman". So we went to get ready for the day, we were going over to Jason's parents house to have lunch for Father's day. I went to get into the shower and it was ice cold! The last time this happened, it was because there was so much water in the basement that the pilot light had gone out. So Jason goes downstairs, I follow and wouldn't ya know it, the entire basement is flooded AGAIN!

So we called to cancel the plans with his family and started working on clearing out the basement. Most things were already off the floor from the last flood but we got everything but the big furniture out this time. Cleared out the storage areas as they had more water than last time. Jason's parents and Tiffany came over to help, so we spent a couple hours moving things into the garage and our dining room and computer room. I then had to stop working, because I didn't want to overdue it after my scare from last week. So the rest of the family each had either a shop vac or a steam cleaner, trying to pull water out of carpet. They worked for awhile, then we had our Father's Day lunch, and Jason and his dad went back to work.

So now we are waiting for the company that came out last time to call us tomorrow to let us know when they will be able to come back out to dry it out again. Right now our water heater is still out, we can't get the pilot light lit, so Jason took a cold shower and said it was unbearable. I am not attempting this until I have to tomorrow, and I think I am just going to wash my hair in the tub and take the fastest shower ever for the rest of me. If we can't get it lit by tonight, we are calling a plumber tomorrow morning, so at least by Tuesday we should have some hot water again.

So now we need to call our security company tomorrow to find out if they can put an alarm on the sump pump and then we are heading to find the alarms that you can put around the sump pump that will go off if they get wet, and then we are calling a plumber to install a battery backup. This is NOT going to happen again!

We have no idea when this happened as our power never went out, the sump pump just seemed to not be working. Jason just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started right up. So we assume that it wasn't working all week and with all the rain just started to back up and over flow. We hadn't been down there since last Saturday so no idea when it started to flood, only know that it didn't effect the water heater until today.

So, basically Jason's first Father's Day was not the relaxing day he had thought it would be. Hopefully next year's will be better....

Anyone with a basement, BE CAREFUL!!!!! Highly recommend getting some type of alarm or backup so you won't have this happen to you :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you. I forgot about the blog. I am glad I found it. You look really good and it is a boy. Exciting. Little boys always love their mommas! Just ask Eric.

Jen