I picked up Logan at daycare on Thursday and the ladies there had been having fun with his hair. It was all slicked down with water and then they somehow got a little flip out of it. Looked kinda goofy, but interesting! I also noticed his cheeks were really red, asked if they had been putting blush on him also. Course they hadn't, so I took him temp when I got him and he has a fever :( He seemed okay though was still happy and eating, so Friday took him back to daycare, no fever in the morning, but by 1:00 the daycare called to tell me it was 100 degrees. He still seemed okay though, except for his extremely runny nose, so I assumed he just had a cold. His sheets had to be changed after every nap, because he sleeps on his stomach and his nose ran so much it was everywhere! By Friday night he had a temp of 102, so off to the doctor we went Saturday morning. Checked his ears and low and behold another ear infection. So went and picked up his amoxil and started him on his meds. He was a little fussy during the day but still okay. When I went to put him to bed though I noticed he had some red splotches on his shoulders and neck. I called my friend Susan who is a pediatric nurse and she said he could be allergic to amoxil. Was a little freaked out by that since everything I read talked about extreme reactions. Logan went to sleep peacefully though so she told me he was "probably fine". That didn't help me feel better! I checked on his a few times before going to bed, to make sure the rash hadn't spread, and then got up in the middle of the night also to check. He seemed okay. Called the on-call doc in the morning and she said it could be an allergic reaction, but it could also be a rash from the virus he is fighting also. But without knowing, we would treat is as an allergic reaction. So off to the store I went to get Benadryl and his new medicine. His rash has come and gone, it hasn't gotten worse though so I think he is getting better. He was in a good mood today, so hopefully he is on the mend! Jason's parents are watching him tomorrow so we don't have to send him to daycare. I want to make sure he doesn't have another reaction to this medicine! He seems to like the new meds better, I had them add grape flavoring, he wasn't a fan of the Amoxil.
Other than that, Logan is doing great! He can crawl backwards now, has been doing this pretty well for a week or two and I think he getting close to going forwards too! Figures out the hands and one leg, but can't seem to get the other one to move. He can sit really well, occasionally falls over, but not very often and when he does, he just rolls on to his tummy and continues playing. He has now had all the first stage foods, really enjoys applesauce, banana's, sweet potatoes and prunes! He will eat whatever you give him, but you can tell he is more eager with some. He is also on straight up adult prune juice, he has had a lot of constipation issues and our doc suggested this. Has seemed to work well. She said it was easier to prevent it than to fix it. He was really having a hard time going, would spit up everywhere and try and try and try and nothing would come out. He seems to like prune juice, takes all of it every morning, I give him between 1 and 2 ounces depending on how he is doing.
We also took professional pics of him a couple weeks ago and soon we should have the digitals. I will get those posted as soon as I get them, they are very cute!
Well, finally time for dinner and watch some tv, I am starving, played soccer today so need to recharge!


No comments:
Post a Comment