I found out Logan liked chicken while shopping at Sam's Club one weekend. It was a Sunday afternoon and Logan was having a good time riding around in the cart and then we passed a lady handing out chicken nuggets. Jason and I as usual took a sample and I waited until it was cool and gave Logan a piece. Up until then everything I have tried to give him came immediately out of his mouth, never tasted it, just spit it out. So to my amazement, he ate it! I gave him more and more bites until the nugget was gone. I decided then that I was sold, I went back and got the huge bag of nuggets. I then told Jason we should try hot dogs next and lo and behold there was a sample of hot dogs! So we got that next and I gave Logan small pieces and again he ate them!! So ever since then we have been having chicken nuggets. He usually eats 2 in a sitting along with his baby food of fruit and veggies. I tried table food for peas and carrots and those did not go over well. I have also mixed up the nuggets with some grilled chicken which he seems to like and some fish sticks. He eats most of what I give him, but the dogs are also getting a good taste of what he is having. He eats a few then throws a few pieces on the floor. At this point, glad we have dogs to clean up after him! Today we grilled out for the Colts game so we had hot dogs, so we tried those again. He was so-so with them, ate some and threw some. So we are getting there finally, he hadn't eaten any table food before the nuggets so I am just glad he likes something!
His front tooth is trying so hard to come out right now and he isn't too happy about it. His gum is all swollen and bulging like the tooth is right there, but just can't get through. I hadn't been using Orajel on him before because it was so hard to get in his mouth and I never knew exactly where he his pain was, but because I can see this one I have been using it and it is WONDERFUL. He has been really, really fussing at bedtime and naptime for awhile and yesterday at bedtime I gave him the Orajel then put him to bed and didn't hear from him again! Same thing for his naps and fingers crossed tonight too. He is in bed now, not sleeping yet, but not upset so hopefully he goes down soon. As soon as we came in the room his fussing would stop and if we picked him up and walked with him, he would fall asleep, so I didn't think his fussing was because of his teeth, but apparently it was. I had tried the teething tablets but they don't seem to do much for him.

Logan "watched" his first Colts game today. He napped through most of it, but he was all dressed and ready!
I am going to upload some pictures tonight, they are pretty old actually! But still good :) I will add them to the links at the right, it takes awhile to get them up so hopefully they will be there in a couple hours...
No comments:
Post a Comment