Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sushi 29 weeks and Logan @ Sesame Street Live

Last weekend we took Logan to see Elmo again at the Murat Theater.  This was a different show than last year and in my opinion was much better!  I hadn't told Logan we were going because I wasn't sure if he would actually want to go or not.  So on Sunday, I had to wake him up early from his nap so we could get there on time, normally Logan doesn't really like to be woken up, he gets a little cranky...  But when I got him up he was in a pretty good mood and when I told him we were going to see Elmo he got really excited.  It normally takes awhile to get him out of bed and get his diaper and clothes changed, but with the discussion of Elmo and Big Bird, he was very fast!  He was a little clingy at first when we got to the show, we met our friends Angie and her daughter Sofi who just turned 4.  Logan happily sat on Jason's lap during the whole show and really seemed to enjoy it.  When he saw new characters he would yell out their name and towards the end started clapping with everyone.  The show was 45 minutes each half with an intermission and we made it through the whole show this time.  Logan seemed to really enjoy it.  Here are 2 videos.  The first is before we left, he also has Nemo his new stuffed animal Nana and Grandpa brought him from Disney World, he was attached to him for a few days, so he had to come in the car with us.  The next video is at intermission.





I had my 29 week doctor appt on Wednesday this week and am happy to report my cervix was a tiny bit longer!  It was 2.9 this time.  So my doctor was happy with that but asked me about contractions.  I thought I was still having the braxton hicks ones, but am not really sure, so we talked about what they felt like, etc and I still couldn't say for sure if that's what I am having, I think I am, but I guess they could also be the ligament pain.  Since I didn't have any pain or issues with Logan except labor contractions, all of this is new to me.  My doctor decided she wanted to do an NST (non stress test) weekly until 36 weeks to make sure I am not having contractions.  I did these weekly, then twice a week with Logan so I am used to them.  So I got strapped up to the monitor and monitored the babies movements while they monitored the heart rate and my contractions. Since I never have any while I am sitting, I assumed I wouldn't have any again, which I didn't and the baby looked great, so things are still good.  I have another appt this coming Friday with another ultrasound and NST, so hopefully everything is still good!  I am still on the restrictions or basically stay down as much as possible, but no bedrest yet which is great!  By this time with Logan I had just been put on bedrest, so I am doing better this time around!  Hopefully sushi and I can keep it up and stay off bedrest the whole time!

Jason and his dad are painting Logan's new room today, found out the red is going to take a lot of paint, so Jason isn't too happy about that!  Hopefully they finish that up today and then I can get the carpet figured out and start to decorate!  Hoping Logan really likes it, we haven't said anything to him yet, I am going to wait until its done before showing it to him so hopefully he will be excited!

Logan is doing pretty good with potty training also, he is doing great at school, pee's regularly and has pooped a few times.  At home he was doing good, then for a few days had no interest and now will go sometimes.  He actually pooped in the potty yesterday, but only because he was taking a bath and told me he was tooting, then I could tell he was trying to go, so I convinced him to get out and go on the potty.  He didn't go much, but I made a HUGE deal out of it.  He has lost interest in his M&M balls as he calls them, so I found some Disney Cars fruit snacks, those are working a little now.  I bought him some underwear and the teachers at school recommended putting him in them on weekend and seeing how it goes.  We weren't home much yesterday so I didn't want to start this weekend and have to deal with accidents while we were out.  I am really not in too much of a rush, diapers seems so much easier to deal with than trying to go to the bathroom in gross public ones!  So we'll see, he is just getting to the age, 2.5, that it's suggested you start, so we'll just see how it goes!

Other than that, I don't think there is much else going on at the Diehl household!

No comments: