I am 30 weeks + 5 days and had another ultrasound this morning, as soon as the picture came up I could tell it was shorter. She measured it at 2.0, checked the baby and all was well, got to see him for a few minutes and got a few more pictures. The tech assumed I was going on bedrest. I was not liking her at this point! So I was very nervous waiting for the doctor to show up and when she did, she came in holding a paper and pointing to it, shaking her head... I said please don't say the B word! She said, well it's either the B word or the hospital. I said B word it is! So she decided since it was Friday to give me till Monday, we did an NST and all was fine with the baby and still no contractions. I am having I think the braxton hicks contractions, but not very many or very regular. So I am on strict bedrest till my appt Monday, she said I can go to the bathroom, get food quickly and shower for 30 mins. I said, 30 minutes? who takes 30 minutes? She laughed and asked how long do I take, said about 10, can I use the other 20 for things with Logan. Told her our situation and how Logan likes me to help at bedtime, either read him stories or sing and get him ready in the morning. She said I could use my extra 20 mins to do those things with him. So hopefully he will adjust ok to this! So I have been home since this morning, hanging out on the couch, then moved to my room. Jason's parents had already planned to pick up Logan today so that worked out well, they are actually downstairs playing now while I hide out in my room. I didn't want Logan to know I was home or he would want me to play with him. Going to wait until it's closer to Jason coming home before I head down because he usually can easily be convinced to go play in the basement in his ball pit with Daddy while I sit on the couch and watch. Monday, they are going to do a fetal fibronecton test on Monday which tests for a specific protein that if present indicates you could go into labor in the next 2 weeks, and if it's not there it's a very good indicator you will not go into labor in the next 2 weeks. I had these with Logan too and they always came back negative, so hopefully Sushi will be the same! I didn't think to ask what will happen if it's negative, I am just assuming I will still be on bedrest because I was with Logan, but we'll see on Monday. Gonna be a long weekend.... Thankfully my parents were planning to visit tomorrow, so Logan's attention won't be focused on me tomorrow, as he will have Nene and Papaw to entertain him.
We are also getting closer to having Logan's new room done. Jason and his dad spent last weekend painting his new room. His walls are half blue and half red and since we didn't know any better, we put the red paint on the walls without any preparation, so it took them 3 coats and Jason still wants to do one more. I got the border in that we will put in between the 2 colors this week, so I am hoping Jason can get the last coat on while my parents are entertaining Logan, then mom is going to put up the wallpaper since we have never done it. We are close on ordering carpet too, hope to get that done in the next few days so that will be in soon too, then we just need to decorate the walls and put in the furniture. I am excited to see what it will look like and if Logan will be excited about it!
Not much else going on, I am already kinda sore just from laying down all day, but I know from experience you get used to it. Last time I was working though so made the days go faster, this time might be more boring. Think I am going to have to find some shows on Netflix to start watching, maybe ones Jason never would watch with me! And hopefully if this is going to last another 5 weeks, Logan adjusts to it okay, so hard to not go to him when he is crying for you and you are just laying there feeling fine! He has already started to get over his "mommy has to do it" phase, has let Jason give him baths and is starting to let Jason help with getting him ready in the morning, so I think if I just go in there with him, and sit in the recliner, I can convince him that "mommy's tummy hurts" which i have been saying for awhile now and he kinda gets, so Daddy needs to help.


No comments:
Post a Comment