It's been awhile since I have updated the blog, but I have been a little busy! We had it rough for the first couple days with the inconsolable crying, but once I went to the breastfeeding group and found out that again I am not producing enough milk we got it figured out. Apparently he was hungry! He seemed satisfied and didn't cry after feedings so I didn't know. We did the pre and post weights and he took in less than an ounce after 30 minutes of nursing, .2. So after we realized that I started offering him 2 oz after each feeding and he sucked it all down! So in 3 days he gained 10 ounces and hit his birth weight again right at 2 weeks, back to 8 lbs 14 oz. Our doctor had also give us reflux meds just in case that was the issue, but once he started eating more the screaming episodes stopped! So we stopped the meds also, because I don't think he has reflux. I have been going back to the breastfeeding group and Wyatt has gained over 2 lbs the last 2 weeks, so now is he over 10 pounds, so much bigger than Logan was! He is into his 0-3 and 3 month clothes already, he didn't even get to wear some of his newborn stuff! Logan's old clothes are all the wrong season too, so we don't have that many we can use on him. So it's shopping time :)
I am amazed at how different Wyatt is from Logan, the things that worked for Logan do not work for Wyatt! They both love to be held, which I think is normal for a newborn, but with Logan he liked the swing, so we could put in there to sleep, Wyatt cries after about 2 minutes in there. He doesn't like to be anywhere except in your arms! He did like my wrap, so we can use that too, but hopefully he warms up to the swing sometime! The main issue we have is that Wyatt does not like the car, as soon as I get him in his carseat he starts crying and then during the ride he screams the inconsolable scream, actually produces tears he cries so hard. It is horrible! The first time he did that, I thought something was pinching him or hurting him in someway, but nope he just hates the car! This is a problem because we have to pick up Logan at school and it's horrible that he is crying most of the time in the car and at school when I take him in to get Logan. I am trying out different things, learned he definitely can't be hungry, so I make sure we always feed him first. I actually pulled into a parking lot one day and feed him he was crying so hard, it was close to his next feeding time so figured that was the issue, after that he calmed down more. He is getting a little better, he just cries part of the time lately, not the whole time, but its still not too fun so it is limiting my activities out of the house! If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
I am pretty sleep deprived at this point as all new mom's are. Last night I could barely hold the bottle up! Since I am breastfeeding also Jason can't really help, but think I am going to start letting him do at least one feeding a night on the weekends and I will just skip breastfeeding, he doesn't get that much from me anyway and I would like to sleep longer than a 3 hour block just once! For his age he does pretty well, the first stretch is the longest, usually around 3-4 hours, but sometimes he does that starting at 8, so that isn't helpful since I need to eat and spend some time with Jason first! After that first stretch usually he only makes it 2 hours of sleep before he is waking again to eat. His is sorta sticking to the 3 hour feeding schedule during the day, I need to stick with the same times so I make sure to feed him around 4 so he is full before getting into the car to get Logan.
Logan is doing great still with Wyatt, he likes to give him hugs and kisses on his head. Sometimes he tells me to put the baby down and play with him, but as soon as he starts crying again, he tells me I have to pick the baby up. So he is doing well. Logan moved house last week, he moved up to the Busy Bee house, the last house he will be in there. It's more of a preschool and so far he is doing great and really likes it. He had to have a nap mat to sleep on there and he is really into Yo Gabba Gabba now, so got him one of those and they sleep on those on the floor. Really wish I could see that, I think it would be cute! They have a bigger playground there and I think do more things, but not totally sure, I keep asking him what he does and he just tells me he plays! He is back with all his old girlfriends too and Elaine and Lauren seem to be the favorite again. He talks about playing with them and he has new friends now, other kids that he hasn't been with before that are older. He already seems older since he started there, he speaks more clearly and he does new cute things, like tells us "We are going to play a game now, ok


No comments:
Post a Comment