Well as most of you probably know, Wyatt arrived on Friday the 13th! No longer is that day bad for us, it's a great day!
Thursday I was feeling a little off all day, but I have had those days before and Jason was tired of me saying, maybe today is the day I will go in labor! So I didn't say anything, but I was feeling a little weird. When I put Logan to bed, my stomach was starting to hurt, but didn't feel like contractions yet, just weird. So after I put him to bed, I went downstairs made dinner and Jason and I went down to the basement to watch tv. My stomach was hurting still so I just laid there for awhile and finally started to feel a little better, so I went to eat. Right then I felt my water break and when I say break, I mean like a balloon popped! That was very different than with Logan! It cam flooding out, I had a blanket over me so I tried to use that to catch it, Jason looked at me wondering what was wrong and when I told him my water broke he jumped up and said, what do I do! So he ran up and got me some towels and I went ahead and called the doctor and started to get everything ready to go. I also wanted to jump in the shower just to clean up all the mess. Jason called his dad to come over and my contractions started immediately. They were very intense and very close together, 2 to 3 minutes. I was in a lot of pain. His dad got over here in about 40ish minutes and I was trying to give him the rundown on Logan in the morning but my contractions were bad so it was hard for me to talk through them, finally I just gave him the instructions I had already made a few weeks ago and said I'm sure you can figure it out! We loaded up the car and headed to the hospital, When we got there they checked us into a room and I immediately asked for an epidural. She said that they were in a c-section right now and that I had to get a bad of fluid in me plus get my blood taken and checked out first. Was not too happy about that! So I think we got there about 9:15 and they checked me and I was at 4 cm. So at around 10:30 they came in to finally give me my epidural, I was very happy! Of course it's hard to hold still because of the contractions, but I thought I was doing good. It was a really weird experience because the lady doing it kept asking questions and seemed surprised by my answers, like tell me if you can feel this said yes, she seemed surprised. Was asking me if I was tall for some reason, it was just strange and was a little worried, but just wanted her to get done already so the contractions would stop! It took probably 15 minutes for her to get it all in there and then it started to feel better. I told them how it didn't take well with Logan and this one seemed much better. So around 11 pm once I wasn't feeling the pain anymore, the nurse checked me I was at 8 cm already. So I talked to my parents at this point, they were on their way up and we were talking about when I would get discharged because we were talking about what to do with Logan. I asked the nurse if I have him tonight, I won't get kicked out at 11 pm at night right and they said yes you will. So after they checked me they said, well we can wait until 12 am to check you again so you will deliver on Friday and get an extra day. We decided to do that to make things easier. So at 12:01 am she checked and I was already at 10 and ready to go. So Jason and her took a leg and we started pushing, they thought he would come quick, but just like Logan he got stuck on my pelvic bone for awhile. So we pushed for awhile until his head was almost out, then they went and got the doctor. My doctor wasn't on call so I had a doctor I have never met, but she was really nice and I was comfortable with her, Dr Beckwith. They asked if I wanted a mirror and I said sure, I could turn it around if I didn't want to see. So they positioned it and it was weird at first, but then it was neat to see his head coming out. So I pushed for awhile got his head mostly out and then all the sudden without pushing he started coming out on his own. So they had me push gently and he just slid out! He was born at 1:02 am so I pushed for an hour and he was perfect! The doctor said wow he is big she guess 8 lbs, I was shocked! They put him on me and he seemed huge! He pinked up right away and was perfect! They weighed him and I couldn't believe he was 8 lbs 14 ounces and 20.75 inches long! Almost 3 pounds bigger and 2 inches longer than Logan! I said throughout my pregnancy that he seemed bigger than Logan but never did I think that big! He had no issues, so after they cleaned him up they gave him back to me and we started trying to breastfeed. It was difficult and he didn't latch for awhile, but we finally got it and he was doing great. I called him my little piranha!
Things went great with the delivery and it was definitely faster than with Logan, but was more painful!!! The next 2 days were a blur of trying to sleep and nursing, but it was nice. Logan came to visit both days we were there and he did wonderful, he was very interested in his baby brother! My parents took him shopping to buy a present for Wyatt and he brought them and wanted to make sure he had his giraffe rattle at all times! got upset if he didn't have it! He was very cute. He is still doing great with him, doesn't seem to have jealousy issues yet at all, likes to give him hugs and kisses!
It took us until the last day in the hospital to name Wyatt. We had a list of 3 names we both agreed on going into the delivery, but weren't sure what we liked in the end. My top name was Cameron and Jason's top name was Wyatt. We almost did Cameron because Jason said he was okay with it, but I wanted us both to really like the name not just give in. The birth certificate lady came in 3 different times and kept letting us put her off, which was good or his name might have been Cameron! Wyatt started to really grow on me and by the last day I liked it. Jason chose Norman as the middle name after his grandma Norma.
Well I think that's about it! At least all I remember right now!






No comments:
Post a Comment