Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Two more Firsts (at least for me)!

One is bad and one is good. First the bad, Logan has his first ear infection :( We went to see Dr. Kristen Tuesday and she immediately saw his ear was infected. Only one so I guess that's good, as baby Park, Karen and Jason Zickler's son, has one in each ear. He hasn't been doing good with eating for about a week and had a couple rough nights, so I decided to just take him in since I had the day off Tuesday. Glad I did! So now he is on Amoxillician, ear drops, and Motrin. And since he doesn't like to eat much, because swallowing hurts his ears, it's hard to get all these meds in him! He will take his Axid meds for his reflux with no issues, just sucks it right out of the syringe and it is NASTY! But the cherry flavored Tylenol, spits it right out! And it's RED so it gets all over everything. Next up was the Amoxil, which is pink and to me doesn't taste too bad, again not loving it, spits it out also and gets it all over himself. So last night we were dropping tiny amounts on his paci which is the only thing he will take and getting most of it in that way, course the red all over his chin might say he didn't get it all down. The drops are the only easy thing I can just hold him with his left ear up and drop those in. So after his third bad night with multiple wakings (and mine of course), this morning at 7:30 am I ran to get motrin, which I hoped he liked the taste of better, the dye-free one so I don't have the mess and a nipple for giving meds. The nipple thing works well, it just has a measuring cup on the end where the bottle normally goes, so they can just suck out the meds.So this morning, he took down all three without an issue. Seems to like the taste of the motrin and took the Amoxil from the medicine thing this morning, but tonight was a different story. He will only eat about 3 ounces at a time now, he used to eat 8, so I have been feeding him less but more often so he is still getting enough food. It's been hard, but the drugs are supposed to kick in by day 3, so hopefully by Friday, he will be feeling better. He is actually in pretty good spirits and is happy as long as you aren't trying to get him to eat or take his meds! Probably wouldn't even know he wasn't feeling well if you weren't around him during those times.

So the good new first (for me to see at least), is that Logan is rolling over! Yesterday he started sleeping on his side, think it probably helped with his ears. And today, he was in his side again, almost over, and when I went to check on him, I put another paci above him just out of his reach in case he needed it. He is moving all over his crib now. He reached out to try to get it and rolled over onto his belly! He still had his arm stuck under him and I watched to see what he would do, and he figured out how to get it out. He then did his own tummy time watching his mobile and just having fun. Took him awhile, but finally he got mad and couldn't roll back so I had to help. I put him back on his side and he ended up falling asleep. This afternoon though, he basically rolled all over his crib continuously and kept rolling over and getting stuck! So he would cry, I would go turn him over, he would be happy, I would go back downstairs and he would roll over again! We did this for about an hour without him ever falling asleep. Seems like he likes practicing his new skill. Too bad he doesn't seem to remember how to get from tummy to back! Hopefully he figures that out soon, so he doesn't get stuck anymore.

So even though he isn't feeling the best he is still doing great. Hopefully he will start feeling better soon though! I go back to work tomorrow for my last two days, can't believe it, feels weird, but then I don't start the new job till Wednesday so I have a 4 day weekend, which will be awesome. So Logan is going back to daycare, where he will hopefully do okay with eating and napping. Hopefully he will sleep better tonight, the Motrin lasts longer than Tylenol and that's what I gave him tonight, so hopefully we both get more sleep tonight.

No comments: