Well, I risked changing jobs last year to be closer to logan and I took a contract job. I knew something could happen and we might not get renewed for another year, but all signs were pointed to a renewal. So when a new executive moved to Indy to take over our group, we all thought it was going to be a good thing, turned out it wasn't such a good thing... our contract was up Oct 15, but the executive decided she was done with us in August. So she ended the contract early and 6 people lost their jobs. My company was great, they kept me on the bench while they tried to find something for me to do. They had one bid out for a contract and they found out on Oct. 1 that they didn't get it. so unless I wanted to move to DC, I was done. So tomorrow is actually my last day. I can't complain because I have been getting paid for 7 weeks to be at home! So it was a great gig for awhile. About 2 weeks after our contract ended, I found out some good news. I'M PREGNANT!!! It happened faster than I expected and it made losing my job not a big deal anymore. I am now looking into working some short term contracts but if I don't find anything I am not too worried. Since I ended up on bedrest last time, it will be much easier if i am not working. This way I can spend more time with the new baby also before going back to work!
I am due on May 15th, they actually thought at first I was due earlier, but after taking the baby's measurements, they moved the date back. I went in when I was 8.5 weeks pregnant, we thought and turns out i was only 7 weeks. The baby was a tiny little grain of rice. So Jason and I started calling her sushi! The funny thing was we had sushi the night before I found out I was pregnant. It was homemade and cooked crab, so I was allowed! I will be 10 weeks this weekend, so not too far along. I have had morning sickness since 7 weeks and I am not loving it. Haven't thrown up, just get nauseous all the time. It is much worse than with Logan, but I am not as tired. Course that might be because I am not working all day!
We have left Logan in daycare because I don't want to mess up his world. He loves going there and is really learning, probably a lot more than he would with me! I keep him out 1 or 2 days a week and we have playdates with friends and their kids. Logan is doing great with sharing his toys while these friends are over, I wasn't sure how he was be, but he is doing great. He loves going to others houses too and checking out their toys! Hopefully he will be this great with his new sister or brother!!
Well I think that updates us for now, I will try to be better at updating this!


No comments:
Post a Comment