We had our specialist appointment this morning where they did a bunch of measurements again, checked that the placenta was still functioning and some other things and all is good! Awesome is up to 6 pounds 5 ounces, so he is now in the 22nd percentile, up from the 21st. So the doctor was happy with that. She said everything looked great and she didn't see any issues. I still have to do the non-stress tests so they can make sure everything is going well, which I had one again today and all was good. She wants to see us one last time, assuming I don't go into labor beforehand, so we are going back next Friday. I thought maybe I would get out of it since we are being induced Sunday, but no go, she wants to keep an eye on him. I don't know what I am going to do when I don't have to go to my doctors so often! Well I guess I will be going to the peditrician instead!
So things are going well still! Awesome has moved down some I think, the doctor asked me if I was feeling pressure in my lower abdomen, I said yes, feels heavier. They had to go way down with the ultrasound wand to find his head. Actually tipped me backwards, upside down like to get him to move up some. Now when they use the wand it's also painful, guess his head is pushing on my pelvic bones.
So far he seems to be hanging in there, so we'll see if he makes it to the 28th or not. I just got my instructions today for inducing and we are set to go in at 7am Sunday. Kinda early I thought but then realized that it could take a long time for labor, I have heard between 12 and 30 hours, so I guess the sooner we start the better. Hopefully I will be more dilated when I go back to my doctor Monday so I don't have as far to go on Sunday.
5 more days of work and 10 days till Awesome arrives (unless he has me in labor for more than 18 hours then maybe 11 days)!


1 comment:
Good Luck! I had Jeremy 10 days early and had a FAST labor. So...you never know what will happen, all labors are different.
Enjoy this time. I am already sad that I will never bring home my first baby again :(
Post a Comment