I had my 37 week appointment today and a non-stress test and things are all good! We had a pretty good weekend my friend Lauren came down from Chicago, I left the house many times, drove myself places and had a great time! I tire out pretty easily since I am not used to being upright for long periods of time and my feet and ankles are swelling horribly! My left more than my right. It's almost comical but it is not very comfortable. I asked the doctor today and again she said it's normal, but she did ask if I have ever injured my ankles, which I sprained them many times in high school playing volleyball. She said many times they don't heal correctly and it's possible that's why one foot/ankle is worse than the other. So I am glad it's summer and I can just wear flip flops, because I don't think any of my other shoes would fit at this point!
My doctor said she was going to start checking my cervix next week to see if I am starting to dilate. So I guess that will let us know if things are progressing or not at this point.
Awesome's room is starting to come together and I have gotten things washed and ready for him. I still have a couple errands left so glad he is waiting for me! But we are pretty close to being ready for him. We had friends come over for the game last night and they told us they had a co-worker who was due Oct. 3 and she gave birth this weekend. That made me nervous! Jason turned to me and said "you need to pack and get ready!". I had started to get things packed for Awesome, but haven't packed for myself yet. So I am going to do that this week also, so we are ready if he does decide to show up soon. I would be ready for Awesome to arrive if like my doctor said today there was a zipper on my belly that we could just unzip and pull him out! Thinking of the actual way he will be arriving makes me a little nervous (well maybe a lot nervous!).
Well, that's about it for now, we have another doc appt Thurday morning with the specialist to check on his growth. Hopefully he has been eating as well as I have lately!


No comments:
Post a Comment