Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I made Parole!!!

I am officially off bedrest! We had our 36 week appt yesterday with my doctor and she has removed my restrictions. The appt went well, nothing new, got a list of numbers to call in case I got into labor soon. After our appt, Jason and I went to target and then out to dinner. It was nice to get out, but man was I tired! This morning when I woke up I felt like I had run 5 miles. My muscles were so tight and sore. Guess it's going to take awhile to get back some muscle tone back.

This morning we had another doctor's appt with the specialist and I got to drive there! That was nice, feel like I have some freedom again. So at the specialist, they found out the baby was 5 pounds 8 ounces, he was 5 pounds 2 weeks ago. So he was supposed to be gaining a half a pound a week, which he obviously wasn't doing. So, that of course needs to be watched also. As soon as I think things are going well something happens! This kid is testing me already :) So because he has been going downward on the growth percentile over the last month, they want to watch this. So I get to go back next week and 2 weeks for them to do more ultrasounds to make sure he is doing okay in there. I also have to go in twice a week for non stress tests. I have done these before at my regular doc's office and at the hospital. So those will be scheduled at my regular doc's I assume starting next week. These are pretty easy, I just get 2 bands strapped to my belly, one for the babies heartbeat and one to measure contractions. Then I just hang out there in a recliner watching tv while they monitor things. The doctor just wants to make sure all is okay with Awesome and there isn't any reason he isn't gaining weight. The worst thing with this is that they might decide to enduce me if he doesn't start cooperating and eat something! So hopefully he decides he is going to eat more soon. Reminds me of when I was a kid, maybe he doesn't like what I am eating so he is being stubborn and just not eating!

My friend Alissa had this issue with both her children and all was fine and all they did was schedule her to be induced by 39 weeks, so I am not too worried about this, it just seems like it's one thing after another!

Other things here are good, this week we got new hardwood floors in our computer room and new carpet installed on the main floor, stairs, hallway and our bedroom. I love it, it feels great on your feet! Think baby awesome will like it, it seems like good crawling carpet. Course, now the builder stuff we have in the other bedrooms doesn't look so nice! Think Awesome at least needs a soft rug in his room since we didn't get him new carpet.

We are doing more organizing and shopping for the last things we need for Awesome now that I can leave the house, so hopefully we will be ready for him soon in case he decides to show up early. I hope he gives me at least 2 weeks though!

1 comment:

karen zickler said...

Congrats on getting off bed rest! Jason said you guys have plans this weekend but whenever you have a craving or just want to get out to Bonefish or El Torito let us know!