Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Almost another pound!

Logan and I went to the breastfeeding group again on Tuesday so I could see how much he weighs and he now weighs 9.8 pounds! He is really growing! He gained 14 ounces since last week which is more than is normal from what I read. So think he is just trying to catch up. I'll be interested to see at the pediatrician appointment what percentile he is in now. He has to be up from the 5th which is where he was at 4 weeks.

About a week or so ago we started on a new formula, Infamil Gentlease, that was suggested by a friend that was good for gas and Logan has been doing much better since then! He still has a ton of gas, but seems to be able to pass it usually without much pain. He still has his moments, but normally he just toots and doesn't even flinch! Before he would strain and cry out every time. When I started him on that formula he seems to be able to sleep easier too. So for the past week or so he has been doing great at night! We put him down around 8, wake him at 10:30 to eat again and then he goes right back to sleep. He then wakes up anywhere from 3-4:30, and I only give him a bottle now. I stopped nursing him in the middle of the night, because when I tried it, we were only up for about 30-40 minutes instead of an hour and a half, so I decided getting more sleep was more important than nursing for that feeding. So now he is up about 30-40 minutes, usually goes right back down and then wakes up again around 7:30/8. So I have been getting pretty good sleep lately and been feeling good during the day. Makes things MUCH better when you get sleep! He only had one night where he went off this schedule, so hopefully he keeps this up and maybe pushes back that 3-4 am feeding at some point.

Not much else going on today, I just got back from running errands while grandma and grandpa diehl babysat, so much easier and faster to do errands without Logan. Bought him some new clothes, I am starting to have way too much fun with the clothes now that he is growing. Preemie clothes were pretty much pajamas. Today I got him some cute jeans and a really cute doggie hat. I'll have to get some pictures when Logan wears it.

Friday my brother, sister in law and nephew are coming into town from Austin, TX for Thanksgiving, so should be a fun weekend. Max (my nephew) is getting so big I can't wait to see him, I haven't seen him since this summer. Hopefully Max and Logan get along :) Seeing how Logan can't do much yet, I'm sure they will!

Well, I better get things done while Logan is still napping. There are new pictures posted on the link to the left. Enjoy!

No comments: