Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time for new clothes!

Sorry I haven't updated the blog in a week, but I haven't had time! We had a busy week and things are going pretty well with us all. Still not getting much sleep but I went to the Zickler's shower this weekend and friends of theirs follow a book called Baby Wise and had their 3 kids sleeping through the night (11-7) by 8 weeks. That got me pretty excited so I borrowed the book and have been reading it. So we are now going to try to start following this book to see if by 8 weeks Logan can do this. Even if he gets in a solid 5 hours at a stretch I would be happy. Right now he only makes it 3-3.5 hours. He had one night where he lasted for 5.5 hours, but I am doing everything the same as that one day and it hasn't worked again!

We went to the Breastfeeding group again today because I still didn't get him to eat so I could weigh him last week. We went on Wednesday but there were so many babies screaming and crying that I was stressed out, Logan was stressed out and he just wouldn't nurse. So we went today for me to weigh him and try to nurse him to see how much he was getting. He now weighs 8 pounds 10 ounces! he is getting really big! He only took in .7 ounces from me which was disappointing, but not surprising. Other babies take in 2-6 ounces. Looks like the Reglan didn't work for me. I also asked about how long it takes Logan to take a bottle, it takes him 30 minutes at least to finish 3-4 ounces. So I am wondering if maybe he really does have the weak suck like the nurse thought. I have given up on the pumping unless I am pumping because I didn't nurse him and just gave him a bottle. I am feeling better about it and realizing he will be fine and life will actually be a little easier and more flexible if I can give him bottles. Lot easier to go out with him and without him. We also changed formula's, heard a lot of good things about Enfamil Gentlease which is supposed to help gas. Just started that 2 days ago, so we'll see if that helps. I think some of Logan's pains and why he wakes up from sleeping is gas.

He is also getting longer, he has outgrown some of his preemie clothes and I am now washing his newborns. So we'll see how those fit. We have so many cute 0-3 month outfits that I can't wait for him to get into those! His shoes might start to fit now too, so that will be fun.

I think our water bill is going to be getting larger, I have to do his laundry almost every day or every other, because he is always spitting up, peeing or pooing on his clothes. Like this morning, when i got him up he peed so much last night that he peed through his pj's, the fleece swaddle blanket, and on the insert we had in the swing. Glad I had that in there or it would have gone through to the actually swing, which wouldn't be so easy to clean. I have also started running the dishwasher with basically nothing in it but his bottles. Got tired of handwashing them all, so decided to run the dishwasher more often instead. I need to go buy more bottles too so I don't have to wash them as much.

Not too much else going on, we had a busy weekend, went out Friday night for dinner while Grandma and Grandpa Diehl babysat and then went out Saturday night for dinner while Grandma and Grandpa Bentley babysat. So grandparents are definitely coming in handy :)

I don't actually have any new pictures, we need to take some more. He is starting to change a lot. So many things on my list I need to do! I have decided to just force my body to get used to only having whatever sleep I get at night so I can do things during the day. I end up feeling worse if I try to sleep more in the morning and end up in bed till noon. This is allowing me to do more things, leave the house, run errands, visit friends, etc. So I think we are starting to get the hang of this parenthood thing. Still have many, many things to learn though!

Well, it's about time for Logan to eat so I gotta go!

No comments: