Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Logan's gaining again!

So I took Logan to the breastfeeding group today and he had gained a pound since last week! So looks like he is finally starting to take off. He now weighs 7 lbs 14 ounces. We went to the group again so I could see how much he was taking from me, but of course I fed him about 2 hours before we got there and I thought he would be hungry again, but he wasn't. So we'll have to try again tomorrow. I am still taking the Reglan, but I am not sure it has helped. After 2 days of pumping LOTS and not really getting to spend much time with Logan, I was still pumping only an ounce at most in the mornings and less throughout the day. I spoke with the lactation consultant and she was hoping for more. So that is why we went today to see how much he is taking from me. Hoping that since he is getting bigger and stronger that he will be taking more in now. So we'll have to see tomorrow if that is the case or not. I have stopped pumping as I just couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I didn't have time to do anything when I was stressing about getting enough pumpings in each day. I realized I have only had about a week or 2 since he was born that I wasn't pumping and since it doesn't seem to be working, I am taking a break for now while we decide what to do. Really wanted to be able to breastfed exclusively, but not sure that is going to happen and we are trying to come to terms with that. I did try to use the SNS feeding tube again today because the lactation nurses said that was better than pumping since they are still breastfeeding and getting the supplement and if Logan could get the hang of it, it could be faster as he could get the formula and breastfeed at the same time, but for now it's not so easy! Even though he is too young to have control over his hands, I don't believe it because he is great at finding that tube and pulling it out! So we'll see if we can try doing this a few times a day. Might prove to be too difficult though....

Logan is doing great though, he is becoming more and more alert throughout the day, and seems to be seeing things more and more. Something over the changing table keeps his interest and we can leave him there staring at the ceiling for awhile. He also likes music, will settle down in his swing faster if we play the music instead of the other noises (ones that Jason and I prefer). The music on his swing in our bedroom is VERY loud and cheesy. I need to see about hooking up the MP3 player instead and maybe he can sleep while listening to Dave Matthews Band instead! Our only issue now is his gas! He wakes himself up and will make noises for HOURS in the middle of the night. I wake up at all his noises and wait to see if he is hungry and waking up or just making noises in his sleep and passes gas and/or pooing. It is really messing with our sleep as he will sleep for longer periods, 3-4 hours, but will start the noises around 2 hours so if he is loud enough we can't sleep through it, we end up being awake for much of that time. So we are working on trying to figure that out, trying new bottles, more gas drops, etc. If anyone has any suggestions, please let us know!



Also here are a couple pics of Logan we took in the last week, one of his Halloween "Costume". We couldn't find one small enough so we had to make due with this...




One where I tried to make him a mohawk...



And another of his new hat, it was just cute so we had to take pictures before going to dinner last week!

Well, Logan has been napping inside Jason's sweatshirt for the last 2 hours, he likes to be zipped up in there and now Jason needs to do some things, so we are going to try to switch him off and have him stay asleep, we'll see how well that works...

No comments: