I took Logan to the dentist for the first time last week and I was nervous about how it was going to go. I prepped him multiple times on where we were going and what was going to happen. He didn't want to go at all so I was worried. We dropped Wyatt off at school and then went to Target because we were looking for a present for a birthday party we were going to also. They didn't have the princess doll Makenna wanted, but they did have a lot of things Logan wanted! I had already given him new superhero pens and a coloring book that morning, then an Iron Man action figure in the car, but he still found a spiderman figure he wanted that talked. I told him we would put it on his birthday list, which he was fine with and we picked out one lego mini figure and left. He still was unsure, but when we got to the dentist, they had a fountain outside and the entryway and office was painted as an ocean with all kinds of animals, so Logan was very interested in checking it out. They had xbox games which I was clueless on how to play, so we just had Kung Fu panda jumping and runinng around in circles basically and read a book while we waited. They called his name and he got right up and walked in. But once we got the room he got nervous. It was open with a lot of dentist chairs, or boats, as they called them, and a lot of people. She opened a drawer for him to pick out a new toothbrush. I had to carry him over and basically pick it out myself, but he was pretty happy, it was a transformer one. Because he was nervous the hygentist had us do a lap to lap examination instead of having him lay on the chair. So he sat in my lap facing me then we laid him back onto her lap. He was not loving it, but finally gave him, once I said we could go back to target and get it the spiderman he wanted. She showed him the mirror and told him she was just going to count his teeth, so he did okay with that, was interested to know he had 10 on the top and 10 on the bottom. Then she brushed his teeth and scraped them a little and flossed them. Said they looked great, so he was done after that. Then the dentist came in so he had to lay back down, which was a little harder the second time, but he gave in again finally. She was pretty quick, his teeth looked good. His front teeth push out some and said that his top teeth are a little sucked in, probably from using the pacifier. She said it was not an issue and it should change over the years, but he will probably have to have braces for his front teeth at some point. I also had buck teeth and an overbite, so not too surprised if Logan has to have braces too. Asked about pacifier since Wyatt uses one for sleeping too and she said it was fine, just get rid of it by 3, which is what we did with Logan, so was happy I don't have to worry about that for awhile.
He got a spiderman sticker and a bag of goodies so he was happy! We went back to target to get the spiderman then headed back to school because it was water day.
So all in all, Logan did great. They didn't do xrays because he was nervous, so they will do that when we go back in December, so hopefully he will think that is cool and not scare him.
Here he is describing his experience
https://vimeo.com/44012319


No comments:
Post a Comment