Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Let's try this again....

So we are back home again, hopefully this time to stay! This morning they tested Logan's biliruben levels and blood work and both came back great! He also had a couple huge poops and lots of pee's so he is getting rid of biliruben himself now. The doctor came and checked him out and said he was good to go home now, he doesn't need the lights anymore. He also has gained weight, he went into the hospital at 5.2lbs and he came out at 5.9 lbs. Jason and I were very excited, being in the hospital in that environment was very stressful and we were ready to be able to come back home. The hospital was great though, the rooms were comfortable and the nurses were wonderful. Many of them wanted to come in just to check Logan out because he is so cute! I also took advantage of the staff and slept through one of his feedings last night and let them give him my pumped milk and formula, so I am feeling pretty good today. Got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep plus 2 more after the hour feeding. So we'll see what Logan lets me have now that we are back home without the nurses!

So I feed Logan one last time there, we packed up, got our instructions from the nurse and headed out! We are now settled back into our house, both sets of grandparents stopped over to see him, the puppies are back and we are doing good. Grandma Bentley also went shopping and bought him a new preemie wardrobe. Everything we have, even the newborn clothes are all so big, so now he can actually find his hands and feet in the preemie outfits. Logan actually seems much more content than he was the first 2 days we were home. Before he wouldn't lay down in anything without getting upset. If I changed his diaper or clothes, he wouldn't be happy. The only way he was happy before was if he was swaddled and held. Today, he seems a lot more relaxed. I can change his diaper, his clothes, lay him down in the pack in play all without him getting upset. So he definitely feels better.

His schedule for feeding plus pumping is going to be tiring but until my milk comes in we will have to keep this up. Hopefully it comes in soon. Since Logan was so tired and sick, he didn't eat much so my body hasn't realized it needed to produce more milk apparently. So now that he is eating better and I am pumping it should hopefully come in soon.

I am really hoping tonight is better than our first 2 nights home. The first night Jason and I went to bed at 8am. Logan was up literally all night, either eating or upset. If I tried to lay him down he cried and wouldn't stop. So finally by 8 I was so exhausted I laid him on the boppy in the bed and he slept, so we slept. I realized at this point that he had probably slept too much during the day and that is why he was up all night. So that next day we tried to keep him awake more often. We tried out all our new toys, like the vibrating/bouncy seat and swing. Found that he really liked the swing, so that night, we let him sleep in the swing. I also tried out a pacifier because he would get so upset when I had to change him, he took to it really quickly and definitely helps to calm him down. So when we put him in the swing we used the pacifier to keep him calm. That worked for a couple hours at a time. I maybe had about 4 hours of sleep that night off and on. By 6am he was done sleeping in the swing, so Logan and I went down to watch TV and ended up falling asleep on the couch...

So needless to say, we are definitely tired as everything says you will be, but hopefully with Logan feeling better, it will be easier for him to sleep and eat during the night. The doctor's said I couldn't let him go longer than 4 hours at night without feeding him, so I am praying he will actually sleep for that long!

well, that's about it for now, I actually have to go feed Logan now! I have posted a lot of new pictures (link is on the right), from the hospital when he was born and the first couple days home and from the most recent hospital visit. Those are the ones were he is all hooked up to machines and has on his shades. He had to have those when he was under the UV lights. They let us keep those, so maybe we will use them when we go outside! :)

No comments: