Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Logan's First Bath

We actually gave Logan this bath last Thursday but I haven't had time to post anything about it since then. Right now, Logan is sleeping on my lap, first time he has been asleep since 11am. He is staying awake more and more and getting more and more fussy. Learning he has a lot of gas though and that's why he is fussy at times. We are changing a lot of poopy diapers lately. I have learned to wait until after I feed him to change him now because if I do it before, he always ends up going again as soon as I get a new diaper on him! I have been using gas drops for him but I don't know if they are helping or not as he still seems pretty gassy.

But back to the bath, this is another thing Logan did not enjoy since it involved him getting naked and having water on him. He actually did pretty well though, we videotaped this and will get it posted soon. It was pretty quick and painless since he could only have a sponge bath at that point, his hair definitely needed washing, it gets greasy I think from us and others putting our hands on his head all the time. I tried to get a mohawk going, but he doesn't have enough hair yet. We did have fun using our duck towel we got, Logan wasn't a fan, but we had to do it for the cute picture!

We also had a pretty good weekend, my parents were here so we didn't have to do anything with Logan except breastfeed him! Mom and Dad took turns fighting over who got to hold him, Mom did all diaper changing, did his laundry and fed him all bottles. Also since she wakes up so early, I could pass Logan off right after I fed him in the morning and Jason and I could go back to sleep! It was nice to be able to catch up on some sleep this weekend. Plus Jason and I went out to dinner and ran some errands Friday and Saturday night, first time we have been out since he was born so that was nice.

Today is the first day I am home by myself with Logan and so far so good. Except for his fussiness earlier where I couldn't get him to go back to sleep, we are doing good. Course I haven't been able to do much today, except grab a bowl of cereal. I tried putting him in his swing so I could do some things around the house while he was sleeping, but he was not loving the swing today, so I had to hold him and now he is sleeping peacefully on my lap. So might be hard to actually do things during the day, like shower (hopefully I figure out how to get this in soon!), but things are going okay by ourselves!

I have also posted new pictures called Logan Pics under the Picture link.

1 comment:

Misty, Matt, Jeremy and Benjamin said...

We have that same duck towel! Jeremy always liked baths, so we were lucky there.

Sleep, well....we are 9months old, and still wake up at least 2 times a night, on a GOOD night :{ Hopefully Logan will work out his sleep and be a wonderful sleeper for you!