So last night with a push from Jason we moved Logan to his room. I had mixed feelings about this, but decided to go ahead and try it knowing if I didn't like it we could move him right back! So after giving him his last bottle at 11:30 I put him down in the seat of the swing that was in the crib. Since he is supposed to be elevated and he is used to sleeping in that swing seat, I wanted to make the transition easy by just putting it in the crib. I set up the camera monitor and went and laid in bed watching him. He was sound asleep, and I finally drifted off. He woke at 5 am starting to fuss and I turned down the monitor and let him fuss for a couple minutes to see if he would settle back down. But he just got louder and louder so I got up and went and gave him his paci. He fussed a few minutes then went right back to sleep. I also went back to bed. He woke again at 6:45, same thing happened, let him go for a little bit, then went to give the paci. He then slept till 8:15 and after giving him his paci slept another 20 minutes while I got a few things done. So all in all the first night in his room was a success. It wasn't so bad having to walk down the hall to give him his paci, especially since I only had to do it twice.
It was quite strange to not be able to see Logan when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I am so used to walking past him and being able to see him. But I think it's good that we made the move to put logan in his room early so we avoid any issues with him later. Next we just have to get him out of the swing seat and actually in the crib. I am not too worried about that though, many babies with reflux slept in carseat's for until they were a lot older than Logan is now. It might be easier than I think because when Logan goes into his crib he is completely out, so he may not really notice. The harder thing would be to put him in his crib at 7:30 when it's his bedtime. But for now, because it's convenient we put him in the swing on the main floor then move him when we go to bed. It's easier to run up one flight of stairs when he needs his paci than to run from the basement all the way to his room.
Logan is also 12 weeks today! We will take some 3 months photo's later when he is dressed and ready to go see Santa!


No comments:
Post a Comment