Drum roll please.......
LOGAN SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!
He has done this 3 nights in a row now! For a few days I have been trying to give Logan a paci when he woke at his 3am feeding and it worked to give me maybe an extra hour sleep, but nothing more. I started this because I realized that no matter what time I gave him his last bottle, 10pm or 12am, he would still always wake between 3 and 4am. I knew he could go longer than 3 hours without eating as he does it during the day. So I began to think he was just used to waking up at that time, so I started to try to use a pacifier instead of giving him a bottle. Most nights his eyes aren't even open when I was getting him up at eat. He was fussing but not all out crying, probably because he is still in our room so I get to him before the crying starts. So on Sunday he woke again at 4 am as usual and I popped a paci in his mouth, he seems okay so I got back in bed and went back to sleep. He woke again at 5 and again I got up and popped the paci back in, again he seemed to fall back asleep. He woke again at 6am, so again I stuck the paci in as I was not ready to get up yet. He again fell back asleep and slept till 8! At that point he was awake, his eyes open, but I still popped the paci in so I could run to the restroom and he was totally content until I came and got him! His routine was a little off Sunday night as we went to dinner and took him with his so he was awake until 9pm that night, normally he goes to bed at 7:30 so I wasn't sure it would work again Monday night, but it did!!!! He went down at his normal 7:30 pm time and when I go to bed around 11, I give him another bottle, which he doesn't even wake up for, then I put him down and he didn't wake this time till 5! I gave him the paci at 5 and he lost it a few minutes later (right after I got comfy in bed of course) but then went back to sleep till 6, gave him the paci again, and again he slept till 8! I was actually more tired the past few days because I was getting up more than usual to give him the paci, and then laying in bed waiting for it to fall out, normally I just get up once, fed him for 20 minutes and go back to bed. But this is worth it if it works! Same thing happened last night, same routine except he made it till 630 am today before waking the first time. So I popped in a paci and he went till 7:45 and again I stuck it back in thinking I would just lay back down for a few minutes because we had to get up for a doc appt anyway, but next thing I knew my alarm was going off and it was 8:30 and Logan was sound asleep. So hopefully this is a new trend and we keep pushing back those early wakings until he doesn't wake at all until morning.
I was going to move Logan to his room on Sunday night because I want to get him in there before I go back to work. But we watched the movie 88 minutes and it had a serial killer that killed people in their bedrooms! So needless to say, we are all still bunking together :) Now that he is sleeping longer, I am tempted to wait until he is sleeping all the way through the night so I only have to walk a few feet to give him the paci instead of all the way down the hall. So we'll see. I am working on getting him to nap in his room now, it's going okay, but he still naps easier in the swing or a bouncy seat, so I put him in his bouncy seat in the crib. The swing isn't moving anymore though, we have phased that out and it worked fine, Logan will sleep in the swing at night without motion. So I think next step is to move the swing into his room, get him used to that and then the seat of the swing comes off, so we can actually place that seat in the crib and have him sleep there for awhile. He doesn't seem to like the openness of the crib, think he likes the "cuddle" of the swings more. So we'll see if I can get him totally in the crib before I go back to work in 2 weeks. As long as he is in his room, I will be happy with that!
So, we also had our 2 month doctor appt today, Logan was really good there, it took forever it seemed like, we were there for almost an hour and a half. On their scales, he weighs 11 lbs and 12 ounces. At the breastfeeding group yesterday he weighed 11 lbs 5 ounces, so different scales different weights, but either way he is definitely chunking up! His weight puts him in the 37th percentile now, up from the 5th at one month! He is 23 inches long now and in the 35th percentile. So he has grown a lot in the past month. He checked out fine on all counts and we don't have to go back until 4 months. He did have to get all his shots though. I was not excited about that. But they have a new shot that puts many of them in one, so he only had to have 2 shots and one liquid medicine. He took down the liquid easily, didn't spit it out at all. Then came the 2 shots, one in each thigh. The nurse gave him the first one and he seemed to think about it a second and then decided he did not like it! He cried out and was not happy, I tried the paci and it worked a little, then she gave the other shot, which apparently hurt worse and he definitely did not like that. Once I picked him up though he stopped crying in about 30 seconds. They had given us Tylenol to give him before and he was so tired he could barely keep his eyes open. So he did great and the shots didn't seem to bother him too much. He fell asleep in the car right away but since we have been home he hasn't really slept much. He just got fussy and now he is eating, so we'll see how he does the rest of the day. They said some babies get fussy and some just sleep most of the day, so we'll see what type of baby Logan is going to be.
That's about all for now, nothing else too new. I tried to take some more pictures of Logan with the Angel wings yesterday because he seemed to be in a good mood, was very smiley. But of course as soon as I got him out there I couldn't get him to smile. But I will get those uploaded and posted soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment