So since I first said Logan was sleeping through the night, we only had one night where he needed at bottle. But he continues to wake up randomly making noises and starting to cry and once I give the paci he settles down. Of course on a good night he doesn't lose it 10 minutes after I give it to him and on a bad night he drops it every 10 minutes for 30-45 minutes. So he is still not needing a feeding after his 11 pm bottle until 8am but some nights he wakes at 4, 5 and 6 and on some nights he only wakes at 6 and 8. So it's a slow process I guess. He is still doing really good though, we had a rough couple nights over the weekend into the beginning of the week where he wasn't going to sleep easily and staying asleep, but we seem to have gotten back on track. The past 3 or 4 nights he has gone down pretty easily and except the occasional dropped paci while getting to sleep, he hasn't needed us. So I guess it's just going to take a little longer for him to actually get through the night without needing a paci. The other option is to take it away and make him learn to sleep without it, but since it has been proven to reduce SIDS and he really does well when he has it, I don't want to do that yet. Plus I think that would be harder than just getting up to give it to him when he does want it.
Other than that we are doing really well, Logan is becoming easier and easier to read and pretty much sticks to the schedule I put him on when I have him. When others are babysitting it doesn't always work, but he is still a happy baby. Things will be different for the next 2 weeks as different people are watching him when I go back to work, so we'll see how things go. My parents are coming up tomorrow and watching him Monday my first day back and then Jason's parents are watching him Tuesday. So glad I only have a 2 day week, it will make the transition a lot easier. Then the next week Jason doesn't have to work so he is going to stay home with him while I have to work 3 days. So he will have many different people watching him over the next 2 weeks so we'll see what that does to his schedule! I have learned when he sticks to the schedule and naps well he doesn't wake as much at night. So I am trying to make sure he gets his naps to see if that makes things better at night. He is usually pretty good about taking them when we are home, but if I go out he used to sleep in the carseat pretty well and as long as we are in the car he still does. But once I get to a friend's house or a restaurant, he wakes up. He usually isn't fussy at all, just looks around and after awhile wants out. So he isn't hard to have out, it just messes with his naps if I am out for awhile. I am hoping he sleeps well Sunday night as I don't want to be dragging at work Monday. But I guess that's what caffeine is for!
He is still refusing to nurse, it's been a week now, so I don't know if I will be able to get him back to nursing. I continue to try and sometimes he screams before he even starts and sometimes he will nurse for a few minutes before getting upset. I am still trying to pump a couple times a day but that is getting frustrating as nothing will come out in 15 minutes with the pump and then I will try to express some myself and it is there. So then I'll try to pump again and get some, so pumping is taking longer and I am still only getting about 1/2 ounce at a time at the most. So we'll see how long I can keep this up. He is perfectly happy with a bottle and the formula, so I can see us just moving to that soon. I think it will be hard to pump at work anyway as I know I am going back to a pile of things to do and I don't think we have a good place set up for nursing mothers.
Tomorrow we are going to see Santa at Keystone Mall, we are hoping it isn't too crazy. We are timing it after a feeding so hopefully Logan will be happy and smiley for the pictures. No idea how he is going to react, he normally is happy when he is passed to a new person, but never had a guy with a big beard hold him yet, so we'll see if he likes it! I'll get the pictures posted from it soon.


1 comment:
Thanks so much for the Christmas Card. I love the card. Logan is such a beautiful little boy. I look forward to seeing him in May when we come down for the race. By then he will be a whole new little person. Have a wonderful Christmas with all your families.
Post a Comment