We found this out the hard way! Monday when I got home from work the dogs were hyper and Logan was still napping so Jason let the dogs out back in our fenced in yard. A few minutes later he checked on them, looked out the window and said, "Oh Shit!". I of course looked out the window to see what the problem was and saw that Pebbles was on the wrong side of the fence! She was in our neighbors yard barking at the white yappy dog! Jason took off out the back door to try to get her and of course she took off. Logan was napping and I had no idea if I should stay with him or go. But I knew there was no way Jason would be able to get Pebbles back on his own. So I grabbed a toy and some treats and ran out. I ran across the street and found them, Pebbles sniffing yards and Jason trying to get her to sit. She of course ignored that, would stay still and let you get near her only to take off as soon as you got too close. Jason cut her off from going towards 63rd street so she turned back towards the cul-de-sac and the woods. She started towards a yard that had a huge German Shepard in it with it's owner. I yelled out to her our dog is loose and she started to freak out. Telling us we better get our dog. I don't think her dog was very nice. He wasn't on a lease, we assume they had an electric fence. Her dog was better behaved and went inside when she told it too, so Pebbles was safe from being eaten by him. We still couldn't get her to come to us though. We were behind our house at this point and all the sudden I thought to try to get her to follow/chase me. So I took off running squeaking her toy and she followed me! So I ran through the neighbors yards and the small woods and up into our next door neighbors deck. At that point I grabbed her and took her into the house. We still hadn't even seen Isis. I was only gone about 5 minutes and when I got back Logan was awake and starting to fuss, but nothing major. I was very happy he wasn't crying or I would have felt horrible! Jason went looking for Isis and found her 2 doors down sniffing at the front door. She apparently came right to him, so she wasn't a problem getting back. Once we got them back we investigated why the door was open, apparently the lock was coming loose and it had just blown open, so Jason tightened that and it looks like it will hold now. Very scary time for us! We were so scared the dogs would get hit by a car or eaten by that German Sheppard! But it all turned out okay. Be warned about your fences though, check your locks!!
I have added some new pictures to the links on the right. I am still working on getting the video's posted, can't seem to get them off my new camera! Guess I might have to read the instructions soon if I can't figure it out!


No comments:
Post a Comment